The paintings of Marti Weidert capture the individual visual experiences that memorialize places, things and ideas that count: places of unusual significance, favorite objects, special times or people. Born in California, Marti began her formal art education at the Corcoran Gallery, Washington D.C. at age 10, where she received painting instruction for youth. Inspired by color, line, emotion (part of realism) and the joy of working plein aire, she invested in more training in San Diego, Trinity County, Shasta College and independent work. Since 1996, both collectors and artists have acknowledged her as a talented painter. Her paintings now hang in permanent and private collections in California.
Marti's art work includes painting, drawing, mixed-media and photography.
Her artwork is a part of numerous private collections in several of the United States.
Marti was selected by San Francisco's DeYoung Museum of Art chief curator as one of ten Artists in Residence at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area in 2015. She produced several works of art, several of which were acquired by the Park or park employees. Marti's art is currently on display at her studio, and is or has been on display at:
- ENJOY The Store, Redding, CA
- New City Hall, Cypress Avenue, Redding, CA
- Old City Hall, Market Street, Redding, CA
- La Grange Restaurant, Weaverville, CA
- Highland Art Center, Weaverville, CA
- Gift and Cafe shop @ Kohm-Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center, Lassen Volcanic National Park, CA
- Redding's City Airport, Airport Road, Redding, CA
- Main Street Gallery, Weaverville, CA (two person show)
- Shingle Shack, Shingletown CA